Designing our Design Team!
Papumba is an EdTech Startup looking to transform the way kids learn and interact with technology. With a mobile subscription app, we help kids in preschool age worldwide develop 21st-century skills through play.
Currently, with more than 10 million downloads, featured three times as App of the Day by Apple, the first case study ever done by Google Play in Latin America, Papumba is one of the fastest-growing subscription apps for kids.
We are looking forward to building our design dream team to create incredible experiences for kids around the world.
We are looking for passionate UX/UI designers, creative UX Writers and experienced Product Designers to guide and lead the team!
As a part of our design team you will:
- Be the voice of the user in Papumba app — offering constructive critique at design reviews and contributing to the design culture within the wider Papumba company
- Take the lead on solving complex problems and creating exceptional experiences for the Papumba iOS and Android apps.
- Work cross-functionally to launch core features (engagement, discovery, personalization),
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features,
- Consider all parts of the experience, from wireframes to animations to business model, to kids and parents experience when designing.
- Utilize your skills in UX & UI: communicate your design vision in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes/prototypes and/or user flows as needed
- Iterate and improve existing features based on research, data and business goal.
- Introduce thoughtful design patterns and help make the design system more robust by documenting reusable design patterns/assets
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years of UX/UI Design experience, designing primarily for mobile apps
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills and evidence of your ability to tackle complex user experience problems
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams with engineers and product manager
- You're comfortable with taking the lead on your own design projects — from beginning to end and iterating again — and have an established workflow that makes it possible
- Experience setting up and running usability testing sessions to gain valuable insights from real people, and documenting and implementing your insights
- You can articulate your design decisions and know how to explain your ideas clearly
- Strong experience working with Figma.
- [Bonus] You have experience with different types of research and conducting exploratory research on broad or ambiguous problem areas
Some of the perks & benefits we offer:
Home Office + Office: Go to the office as much as you want, or work from home 🏡
Flexible hours and work-life balance: We care about the important things: results and well-being.
Diverse environment: A multicultural team and day-to-day work in English 🌎
Feedback culture: Giving and receiving humble feedback is at the heart of our success 💕
Health insurance: To protect and support your health and well-being.
Competitive salary 💰
Professional growth budget: To spend on core training and holistic development 🚀
Free books: We buy you any books that can help you be even better at your work.
Fun and quirky celebrations: We celebrate our wins. No matter where we are, we feel close.
Happy hours, dinners & retreats: We like to hang out together and get to know each other 🥂
Refer a colleague program: Enjoy an amazing reward when someone you recommended gets hired.
Do you feel this is an exciting challenge for you? Then, don't hesitate to apply. We're eager to meet you and grow together 🚀