Papumba is an EdTech Startup looking to transform the way kids learn and interact with technology. With a mobile subscription app, we help kids in preschool age worldwide develop 21st-century skills through play.
Currently, with more than 10 million downloads, featured three times as App of the Day by Apple, the first case study ever done by Google Play in Latin America, Papumba is one of the fastest-growing subscription apps for kids.
What are we looking for?
The purpose of this role is to enhance the user experience. One of your main priorities, will be to understand and empathize with the users needs, generating new ideas, prototyping, testing designs and generating a road product experience map.
As our Product Designer, you will
- Take the lead on solving complex problems and creating exceptional experiences for the Papumba iOS and Android Apps.
- Work cross-functionally to launch core features (engagement, discovery, personalization).
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features.
- Consider all parts of the experience, from wireframes to animations to business model, to kids and parents' experience when designing.
- Utilize your skills in UX & UI: communicate your design vision in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes/prototypes and/or user flows as needed.
- Design creative and innovative experiences to improve the user experience.
- Iterate and improve existing features based on research, data and business goals.
- Introduce thoughtful design patterns and help make the design system more robust by documenting reusable design patterns/assets.
- Team up with the Design Team for the timely development and execution.
What you bring:
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills and evidence of your ability to tackle complex user experience problems.
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams with engineers and product managers.
- Confidence to lead on your own design projects (from beginning to end and iterating again) and have an established workflow that makes it possible.
- Experience setting up and running usability testing sessions to gain valuable insights from real people, and documenting and implementing your insights.
- You can articulate your design decisions and know how to explain your ideas clearly.
- Strong experience working with Figma.
- [Bonus] You have experience with different types of research and conducting exploratory research on broad or ambiguous problem areas.
- Fluent English is a plus.
You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on a global product for millions of children and families around the world.
- Home Office + Office: You can go to the office as much as you want, or work from home! 🏡
- Flexible hours and work-life balance: We care about the important things: results and well-being, not hours or constant commuting.
- Feedback culture: Giving and receiving genuine, humble feedback is at the heart of our success. 💕
- Health insurance: To protect and support your health and well-being.
- Professional growth budget: To spend on core training and holistic development that help you learn and grow. 🚀
- Refer a colleague program: Enjoy an amazing reward if you recommend a friend or colleague to Papumba and they get hired.
Do you feel this is an exciting challenge for you? Then, don't hesitate to apply. We're eager to meet you and grow together.